Sunday, February 5, 2012

Scat of the daybreak 夜明けのスキャット

A Japanese "Kayōkyoku" 歌謡曲 became No.1 on US iTune Jazz chart or other countries chart. It is "Scat of the daybreak" by Saori Yuki 由紀さおり with PINK MARTINI. I was surprised with this news. The lyric is only Japanese. Why?

She is very popular singer and I love her beautiful voice. Her Japanese in her song is excellent. It is clear 
and fascinate us. I think other countries people might understand this beautiful sound who she sings.

I haven't heard Kayōkyoku in Japan now. We call recent Japanese songs J-POP. Kayōkyoku becomes old-fashioned. However, when I heard these old songs, melody is so simple and easy to sing. It is rather than fresh and nostalgic.

She sings children's song 童謡 (douyou) with her elder sister. The Japanese lyric that they sing is so beautiful. And we can imagine the situation or scenery on these songs clearly.

I'm happy that a lot of people know Japanese beautiful songs. I attached another Saori's song, Tegami 手紙 (letter).

手紙 by Saori Yuki  
  

No comments: