Saturday, January 14, 2012

Restless

I watched two films this year. One is "Mission Impossible ghost protocol" and another is "Restless" by Gus Van Sant. Both was so interesting films. I like them.

My first films this year is Mission Impossible. Tom Cruise is very famous and popular in Japan, too and I watched  all of Mission Impossible series. He visited in Japan many times for promotion of his films. "Last Samurai" is one of my favorite films. I was excited about watching Mission Impossible.

I saw a trailer, "Restless" in Internet before several weeks and thought it seemed to be interesting. One of reason is that Japanese actor, Ryo Kase appears as important role in this film. He appears American film "Letters from Iwo Jima" and Japanese film "I Just Didn't Do It". それでもボクはやってない I introduced it in my blog and it was directed by Masayuki Suo of "Shall we dance?" Ryo Kase is good actor and I like his performance.
The story was very unique and interesting. Some Japanese history or culture expresses in this film. Some descriptions about Japan or Japanese culture in western films were sometimes strange and funny for Japanese. However, I thought the description in it wasn't exaggerated and true. I could enjoy it as a love story and life. I like some Gus Van Sant's films. I especially love "Good will hunting" and "Finding Forrester " 

I want to see a lot of films in this year.   

No comments: