Sunday, February 14, 2010

Winter Olympic in Vancouver

I saw opening ceremony of Winter Olympic in Vancouver at TV yesterday. I have been to Vancouver twice. It has beautiful nature and is lovely city. Vancouver is one of my favorite city. I was looking forward to this Olympic. There is time lag between Japan and Canada. If we want to see at live at morning, we can see at midnight in Japan. We can't sleep well...

Every people cheer the athletes of own countries. We always hope Japanese athletes get medals. There is a idea of getting medal is important for almost Japanese people. On the other hand, there is another idea that it is enough to see good games as if they couldn't get medals. I think getting medals is better for the athletes. I want to see good performance for all of athletes.

Our hope, Aiko Uemura of mogul skier might get medal today. She is very popular in Japan.

I especially like figure skate. Nobunari Oda ,Daisuke Takahashi, Miki Ando and Mao Asada are expected to get medal in Japan.

We like a Japanese word of encouragement or cheering, "Ganbare !" がんばれ or "Ganbatte !" がんばって.This means "Cheer up" or "Good luck". We usually say it in daily life. And we sometimes use "Ganbare Nippon (Japan)" at Olympic games.
So I want to say, "がんばれ 日本"

No comments: