Thursday, June 11, 2009

1Q84

Rainy season (梅雨 tsuyu) begins in Japan. A lot of hydrangeas (紫陽花 ajisai) bloom around my home now.

This, 1Q84, is a title of a Japanese new novel by Haruki Murakami. Now it is best seller and one million copies has been sold about for two weeks in Japan.
Haruki Murakami is very famous and popular novelists and has a lot fans in my country and well-known to foreign people. We are proud of his talent. Kafka on the Shore 海辺のカフカ, Norwegian Wood ノルウェーの森 etc. You might see his translated books in bookstore.

He received Jerusalem Prize this February and he made a speech at awarding ceremony. I found his speech in English on web site.
http://www.47news.jp/47topics/e/93880.php

“Between a high, solid wall and an egg that breaks against it, I will always stand on the side of the egg.”  

This is impressive phrase for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, can u tell me a bit what is IQ84? What is it about?

Ricky said...

It is the title of recent Haruki Murakami's novel and it became best-selling novel.

I haven't read 1Q84 yet. His novels are popular in Japan and he has a lot of fans and readers in the world.