Sunday, September 28, 2008

News From Newspaper

I always check some articles on newspaper every morning. I found sad news today. It was that Paul Newman has died.

It was very shocking to me. Since he is an American actor whom my mother loves, I have been a fan of him. I used to see his many old films when I was very young. My mother was very disappointed today.
He is very famous in Japan. Because a lot of his movies were released and he appeared in Japanese commercial for a Japanese car maker.
I especially like "Sting" , "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" and "The Verdict" among his films. He was so cool in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".

Recently there are few movie stars in Hollywood. I think that a lot of attractive and special young actors like Paul Newman or actress are decreasing. Also interesting and excited movies are decreasing too. I recently don't go to movie theater to watch Hollywood films.

Now I think Japanese films might be interesting. Some Japanese films are remade in Hollywood. I want to mention about new Japanese movies in my blog when I watch and find it.

Anyway Paul Newman is eternal star in my mind. I miss him.

1 comment:

Reddogg said...

Paul Newman was a notable loss for humanity. Did you know he was a great philanthropist? He used his fame to create a line of foods called Newman's Own. The profits go to charity, $250,000,000 since he started it in 1982!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Newman#Philanthropy