Friday, September 19, 2008

My favorite town, Kichijoji

Kichijoji is a name of town in west Tokyo. I like this small town. There are a lot of shops, restaurants, cute coffee shops, schools and big park around Kichijoji station. Also this place is quiet residential area. we can enjoy this vibrant town anytime.

I sometimes go shopping, meet my friends, eat lunch at weekend. Since there are many type of restaurants of Japanese, ethnic or western food and coffee shops, I can't always decide the day's restaurant easily. I definitely eat sweets after lunch. It is very comfortable and I can relax.

Inokashira Park is very big in Kichijoji. It's like a Central Park in N.Y. There are a lot of trees and a pond. Many people go there to walk around or go jogging. It is famous place for Hanami (Seeing cherry blossoms) at spring. The scenery is very beautiful and amazing. And there is Zhibri Museum near the park.

I saw a Japanese film recently at theater. It is "Goo Goo datte neko dearu". The story is set in Kichijoji. An American, Marty Freidman who is ex-guitarists of MEGADETH appears in this film. (He can speak Japanese fluently and sometimes broadcasts in Japanese TV programs.) He explains about Kichijoji in English in the film. If you have a chance to see the film, you will know about this town.


No comments: