Tuesday, September 2, 2008

kinpira Gobo


Kinpira Gobo is a traditional Japanese home cooking. We often eat Gobo (burdock). Gobo is stringy vegetable and very healthy. I love Kinpira Gobo !
There are some food that mother makes and has special taste in each home. Miso soup or Nimono (food boiled and seasoned) is typical and Kinpira Gobo is one of these foods. (We call these foods "Ofukuro (Mother) no Aji (taste)").
Ingredients, Gobo, carrot, sesame, and sesame oil are essential and typical as Kinpira. However, we can put in other vegetables. In case of my Kinpira, I put in Japanese mushroom.
I found the recipe of Kinpira Gobo at website. If you want to try it, it is very useful.

3 comments:

Peekaboo said...

Looks tasty. Can't say I've ever thought about eating the roots of those plants that used to stick onto your clothes when you were roaming in forests as a child :)

The fact that the plants name in my native language sounds very unappetizing doesn't help either.

I love stir-fried vegetables and now that you've peaked my interest, I definitely have to try that recipe out someday. Now I only have to find a store that sells burdock root :)

オンディーヌ said...

Hello! はじめまして!I found your spendid blog while browsing the internet for my favorite food right now in Japan: Kinpari Gôbo. I arrived here on October and Japanese food is a real blessing to me though French cuisine also tastes good ^^

よろしくぅ(^o^)/

Ricky said...

Thank you for your comment! You know Japanese well, don't you? I thinkg almost foods that we can eat in Japan are excellent. If you live or visit in Tokyo, I recommend that you go to downstairs floor of food shops in big department stores(Depachika), for example "Isetan" or "Takashimaya" in Shinjuku and Daimaru at tokyo station. Price might be a little expensive but you can buy delicious foods.
Please enjoy your life in Japan !!