Sunday, March 6, 2011

Musicman

"Musicman" is a title of new album of  Keisuke Kuwata 桑田佳祐 who is so famous singer in Japan. I love his songs. He is leader and lead vocal of a rock band, Southern All Stars. He success for a musician and artist. Almost Japanese will know him or we have heard his songs. 
He got cancer when he produced this new album last year. However, he was operated and came back to us. I haven't bought the album yet, I want it now. I liked new single in this album , ginga no hosikuzu 銀河の星屑.
His voice is husky. And his lyrics are so special and unique. I can't explain the uniqueness well in English. Japanese taste and western taste are mixed and assimilate in his lyrics.  It is very natural and produce his special world. I think he is genius of word. There are many favorite his songs for me. 

Two Japanese musician, Takahiro Matsumoto and Hirom Uehara got grammy award this year. 

Takahiro Matsumoto is a guitarist of very famous rock unit "B'z". Hiromi Uehara is famous jazz female pianist. I love her performance.

There are many talented musician in Japan. I'm glad other countries' people know them and hear their songs or music.    

2 comments:

Dove said...

I hope you and your family are safe and uninjured. Stay calm and carry on!

Ricky said...

Thank you for your comment. I'm fine. I was surprised at big earthquake. However, I'm all right!