Monday, January 11, 2010

Goma 護摩 (Homa) in Fukagawa Fudouson 深川不動尊 

Narita 成田 is place in Chiba prefecture next to Tokyo and there is a international airport, Narita airport. This airport is very far from downtown in Tokyo. It takes about half an hour by train.

Narita is famous for location of a big temple, Naritasan Shinshoji Temple 成田山新勝寺. A lot of people visit this temple at new year.
I visited Fukagawa fudouson 深川不動尊, a branch temple of Naritasan shinshoji temple, this year. Fukagawa fudouson located at Monzen-nakacho 門前仲町 in east Tokyo.
I like to see a ritual, Goma 護摩. Some Buddhist monks who wear clear colorful robe, Kesa 袈裟 pray for peace in front of fire. And sound and rhythm of Japanese drum 和太鼓 is so powerful.
I felt as if I can get rid of my bad feeling.

If you have a chance to visit Narita or monzen-nakacho, seeing Goma ritual will good experience for you to feel Buddhism.

No comments: