Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Japanese films "Nobody to watch over me"

I think that recent Japanese films become very attractive. Sales for Japanese films increased more than foreign films last year. It was so unusual until now. Animation film, "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea " was No.1 hit and other Japanese films were seen by a lot of people.
I have seen two Japanese films in one month. I haven't thought that I saw Japanese films at theater. Because almost films can be seen on TV after the release.

I saw one Japanese film "Nobody to watch over me" on this Sunday. Now crimes by under 20 years are increasing in our country. It is one of social problem. This film's theme is protection for a family of murderer, a boy who is eighteen years old. And a lot of slanders for the family of murderer in Internet is another theme. Two main characters are a younger sister of murderer and a detective who guards her.
This film expresses the problem for Internet society or overheated information for mass media.
Koichi Sato, detective's role, is very popular and talented actor now. He plays in a lot of Japanese films.

One Japanese film "Departures" "おくりびと "was nominated as best foreign language film of Academy Award last week. I hope other countries people know Japanese culture in these films.

2 comments:

Amanda Salazar said...

This film is playing at the NEWPORT BEACH FILM FESTIVAL on Friday April 24th and Tuesday April 28th.

Ricky said...

Thank you for your information!
Please enjoy this film.