Saturday, January 24, 2009

Che Guevara

I saw a topic about Che Guevara in a TV news program yesterday. A film, "The Argentine" that directed by Steven Soderbergh is released and "Guerrilla" will be released next week in Japan.
I think Japanese aren't almost interested in South America or history because South Africa is very far from Japan. I knew Cuban revolution or Fidel Castro. I can't remember that we learned about the other history at school. And I knew Che Guevara when I saw a film "Diarios de motocicleta" that I like.
I can often see his face on the T-shirt that young people wear as a fashion recently. Also some books for him were published now.

The program was reported that Che Guevara came to Japan in 1959 as Cuban mission. Almost Japanese didn't know who he was at that time. He went to Hiroshima though there was no plan to go there during his stay. He visited memorial park and museum. And he said in his interview "Why did Japanese people blame American government for release of atomic bomb in Hiroshima and Nagasaki ?" After he went back to Cuba, he diffused the history in Hiroshima to Cuba. Cuban have learned it in primary education.
I knew the fact for the first time.

I don't think a revolution by weapon and violence is right. However, everyone might need a revolution in chaotic world situation and a hero like Che Guevara. At least we, Japanese need new leader now.

No comments: