Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kokurikozaka kara コクリコ坂から From Up On Poppy Hill

I saw new Studio Ghibli film "Kokurikozaka kara"  It is beautiful and I felt nostalgic. The period in this film is early '60 . I wasn't born, however, the background and people's life style remind me of nostalgia. 
I have seem Ghibli film on big screen first time. Also pictures and color is so exquisite on the screen. The details of person, light and shadow, nature... all of them are fantastic. The story has no adventure or spectacle. The film describes normal life in early '60, calm and peaceful. Life is not convenient and there is no exciting materials. However, everyone is peaceful. I was touched. I love ending theme, "Sayonara no natsu" さよならの夏.

Today is memorial day of Hiroshima. We live in invisible fear, it is radioactivity. We can't feel and see radioactivity. Materials are abundant in our life, however, are we happy ?  We have to change our future.  

2 comments:

S said...

I was in Hiroshima for memorial day, I cried a lot a lot a lot >-<

Hiroshima is the most touching of the Japanese cities that I visited

I am very curious to see this new Studio Ghibli movie, sounds so lovely!

Ricky said...

Thank you for your comment! I'v been to Hiroshima and Genbaku memorial musiam. We never forget the tragedy of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

This film was so beatuful! I hope you can see it!